- Start ASAP | Canberra Location
- Initial contract for 12 months with extension options
- Australian Citizen - ability to obtain NV1
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 850 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
FinXL are looking to engage two Network and Security Gateway Engineers responsible for the execution of a range of project activities and tasks in relation to Security Gateway Migration.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Undertaking a range of activities in support of the management and operation of the Agency's secure Internet gateway, secure systems, data centre and network services; Liaising with external and internal service providers as required;
- Day to day monitoring and support of network and gateway systems including Data Centre technologies, SMTP email systems, SSL Gateways, Load Balancers, Proxy systems, Firewalls and IPS;
- Implementing major/minor project work to support Agency's initiatives;
- Undertaking enhancement and remediation activities across network and gateway systems; and
- Undertaking BAU tasks and other projects as required by the Agency. Specified Personnel will be responsible for the delivery of project/sub-program documentation in accordance with the Agency's requirements
The key skills required for this role are:
- Demonstrated over three years' experience in a Network and Security Gateway Engineer role within a public sector context involving classified networks.
- A demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP networking, routing protocols (OSPF & BGP), firewalls (Fortinet + Palo Alto) / load balancers (F5 LTM & ASM) / IPSEC VPN (Cisco) and HTTP-based applications in general.
- Ability to deliver project outcomes through marshalling external providers, collating information and providing accurate, succinct and unambiguous documentation.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating, coordinating and leading key stakeholders to deliver technology outcomes.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team including working in a responsive and pragmatic manner in order to deliver timely project outcomes.
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send in your application to Simmi and you can call on 02 6243 6460 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.