|Job Title:||AeroStructures Engineer|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Adrian Broadhead|
|Job Published:||December 24, 2021 12:44|
Finite are working with their partners to assist Defence and Industry in delivering some the most advanced, critical, complex and strategic acquisition and upgrade programs in our nation's history. As a result of continued success and trust; we are seeking Defence engineers with experience in aerospace structures, stress and damage analysis.
In this role you will support our client's engineering team as they manage aero structures repair and modifications of military aircraft in heavy maintenance.
You will need to possess a good grounding and understanding of hand stress and fatigue calculation of metallic structures. Finite element knowledge (ideally Patran/Nastran).
- Conduct engineering investigations, repairs, structural integrity reporting and modifications
- Perform and reviewing engineering activities including project management, supplier technical coordination, design development and engineering investigation
- Produce engineering repairs, designs and modifications in accordance with DASR requirements
- Test and validate designs to ensure they meet operational and functional requirements
- Actively participate in the improvement of the Design Assurance System
- Develop and approve engineering advice and Instructions for Continued Airworthiness in accordance with the level and scope of delegated Engineering Authority
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering in Aerospace, Aeronautical, Mechanical, Mechatronics or compatible discipline from nationally accredited program or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of air frame structural principles including, analysis methods, materials and manufacturing processes, and through-life air frame sustainment, with an awareness of the commercial aspects
- Minimum 5+ years of post-graduate experience, preferably in a Defence environment
- Previous experience in developing engineering artefacts within the Defence Aviation Safety Regulation (DASR) environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Please submit your cv and covering letter in WORD FORMAT.
Who are Finite
Finite is an Australian owned, award winning independent Defence and Government technology recruitment company. We currently supply to many of the country's largest prime contractors, SMEs, PSPs, State and Federal Government organisations.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's