FinXL I.T Professional Services is an innovative Australian owned company providing our clients with technology enabled business solutions and consulting services.
As the 'go-to' mid-tier Service Provider for many Australian and International clients, FinXL enjoys a diverse client portfolio, boasting some of the industry's leading: Telecommunication, Banking and Finance and Commercial Corporations, along with many State and Federal Government Departments.
We are seeking a several Android Developer with experience in other languages to join and enhance the capabilities of the Digital Insurance Service Channel team
The position's focus will be to uplift the team's capabilities at a technical lead level. Some of the day-to-day duties would include:
- Technical leadership:
- Grow the development and agile culture
- Mentoring junior developers
- Input to solution architecture
- Delivering business objectives and hitting architecture milestones
- Improving and maintaining standards: coding, testing, CD, automation
- Delivering value to production
- Liaise with business representatives to understand requirement specifications
- Software Development:
- Mobile & web applications
- Design, analyse and estimation
- Writing automated tests and helping the QA lead develop testing frameworks
- Dev Ops
- Continuous delivery improvements
- Build pipeline development
- Helping mature Dev Ops within the team and department
- 5+ years in a similar technical leadership role
- 6+ years software engineering experience with 4+ years demonstrable experience integrating with Android SDKs using Kotlin (preferred) or Java, including some quality Android apps that you can show us.
- Experience in developing complex UI designs using Android Studio IDE and AndroidX/Jetpack framework libraries.
- Experience with managing and integrating with third party APIs.
- Understanding of REST APIs and experience in integrating with them using Retrofit and RxJava & RxAndroid or Kotlin Coroutines.
- Understanding of Dependency injection with Dagger (or Hilt).
- Understanding of entire application lifecycle from concept, design, test, release and support.
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment using the Android Gradle Plugin and Jenkins environment.
- Experience with MVVM and MVP architecture for UI/presentation layer development.
- Experience architecting apps using a CLEAN architecture pattern.
- Understanding of protocol-oriented programming, writing test cases (with a BDD framework such as Spek) as well as using source code management software within a programming team.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum software delivery practices.
- Excellent analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude.
- Roll your mouse over to that Apply Now button if you think your skills and experience fit the bill for this role. Submitted CVs must be in Word.