APS5 Test Engineer
|Job Title:||APS5 Test Engineer|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Kara-Mia Le|
|Job Published:||July 22, 2021 15:30|
- Sep 2021 start | Canberra Location
- Initials contract for 12 months with potential extensions
- Australian Citizenship required
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 850 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
FinXL are looking to engage multiple Test Engineers to execute the test efforts in a structured, consistent manner in accordance with agreed test guidelines.
The key responsibilities include:
- Execute assigned test cases at various stages of testing on appropriate testing platforms
- Develop test plans, test cases, task cards, and supporting test data and/or requirements, under own direction from the specifications provided
- Analyse and report on test activities and results, and escalate issues and risks to senior staff
- Contribute to team improvement initiatives and projects, including team tools, process changes, and test automation
- Identify, manage and document defects, programming errors and operational characteristics that are inconsistent with stated requirements and design specifications
- Conduct testing to ensure the ICT service functions as per requirements
- Create test data within external software vendor environment
- Accurately record time and effort for test cases
- Allocate work to team members, using judgement to match issue complexity and staff capability
- Provide assistance and training to less experienced testers
- Support team to follow business processes and align to overall delivery outcomes
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of ICT related legislation, policy and processes and transfer knowledge to other team members
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure effective and timely implementation of projects
- Provide advice and assistance to external software vendors in regards to testing and development of software Assist with cost analysis activities as required
- Exercise appropriate delegations in accordance with legislation and guidelines.
The role requires you to have:
- A minimum of five years test analyst experience on large scale enterprise wide application development projects.
- Demonstrated experience with Test Management Tools, SOAPUI, SQL & XML.
- Demonstrated understanding/experience working in test automation (Desirable)
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment whilst maintaining focus and achieving outcomes and meeting deadlines (Desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in the analysis of requirements and writing of test cases (Desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in working in a test environment, following test processes (Desirable)
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications to kara- or contact Kara-Mia on 02 6243 6437 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's