Cyber Security Analyst
|Job Title:||Cyber Security Analyst|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Salary:||AU$1000 - AU$2000 per day + negotiable|
|Contact Name:||Sam Robinson|
|Job Published:||October 15, 2021 19:15|
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 850 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
Cyber Security Analyst
FinXL are looking for several Cyber Security Analysts to work on a long term Security Operations uplift program with our Enterprise client. We are looking for experienced Cyber Analysts with expert knowledge across threat detection and investigation.
The Cyber Analyst role is a highly skilled technical subject matter expert (SME) role with responsibility for using security systems and toolsets to further develop use cases to protect logical and physical assets.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist platform and system owners in determining valid cyber threats and use cases relating to their assets.
- Map identified threats to best practice exploitation frameworks which includes, but not limited to, Advanced Persistent Threat analysis.
- Work with Splunk Engineers to identify and validate logs required to support the identified use cases for on-boarding to Splunk.
- Develop use cases based on the identified threats and logs.
- Perform other Cyber Analyst related activities as deemed necessary for the project.
You will have:
- A strong knowledge of data networking and an ability to quickly understand platform and related network technologies is key to success. This role also requires an ability to deal with highly sensitive information discretely and securely.
- This role requires being an SME on operational security tools and security technologies.
- A deep understanding of the current threat landscape, its actors, and methods of identifying tactics, techniques and procedures is an underlying requirement of this role.
Additional Technical Must haves:
- Excellent knowledge of Splunk Enterprise Security (ES) including experience in use case development.
- Experience with security technologies, including Firewalls, web filtering, NAC, IDS/ IPS, SSO, Certificate Management, SIEM, Endpoint Protection, Anti-malware, vulnerability management.
- Awareness of MITRE ATT&CK framework.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's