|Job Title:||Data Analyst|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Kara-Mia Le|
|Job Published:||August 03, 2021 17:02|
September start | Canberra location
Long term contract
Australian Citizenship required
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 850 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
FinXL are looking for a Data Analyst with experience in researching and interpreting complex data sets in a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst Role.
- Perform administrative, technical and customising tasks in the data environment.
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Control and assist with the data management process, including loading, creating,
- maintaining, analysing and distributing data.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and "clean" data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Assist in the processing of data, including matching and maintaining specific object data. Develop data standards and provide input to strategy for the solution.
- Monitor data quality by undertaking periodic audits.
- Detect data inconsistencies and utilise defined error-handling procedures.
- Resolve data integration issues related to data in their area of expertise.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Tune database queries.
- A minimum of 2 years researching and interpreting complex data sets in a Data
- Analyst or Business Data Analyst role
- Extensive knowledge of SQL.
- Extensive knowledge of data warehouse/Teradata technology.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining
- and segmentation techniques.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyse, and disseminate
- significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Optional - experience with graphDB databases.
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications to kara- or contact Kara-Mia on 02 6243 6437 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's