- Start ASAP
- Contract until 30 June 2020 with option to extend up to 12 months
- Baseline Clearance is Must
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 850 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
FinXL is looking to engage a Data Analysts in Canberra.
Key role responsibilities:
- Develop new datasets, both through technical exploration and working with business owners to reflect high-level business requirements
- Develop reporting models to meet specified business requirements and which will allow future integration with other reporting systems
- Develop SQL scripts for curation of transactional datasets into structures defined by reporting models, working within the standards of the broader team
- Develop analytics products, including interactive reports and dashboards, to meet business requirements
- Support ad hoc analytical and programming tasks as required, and
- Participate in the broader evolution of the business intelligence and analytics platform by contributing to the architecture of on-premises and cloud-based systems.
To be successful for this role:
- Technical competence - skills in various data manipulation tasks such as data processing and transformation, data extraction, data organization, gap and integrity checking. Strong R skills for data exploration purposes, including data cleansing, data integration, data normalization, data visualization and analysis and data modelling - 60%
- Critical thinking, ability to adapt to new business and operating environments and innovative thinking - 20%
- Excellent liaison and teamwork skills - 20%
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Rita on 02 6243 6441 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.