|Job Title:||Data Engineers|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Chins Christopher|
|Job Published:||March 14, 2022 09:00|
ASAP Start | Canberra Location
Initial contract for 12 months with 12 months extension
Current baseline clearance
The federal government client is seeking experienced data engineers to drive the design and implementation of cloud-based data analytics infrastructure for key data-centric projects
The key responsibilities include:
- Conduct data modelling on existing and emerging transactional and business intelligence data assets to inform data architecture;
- Develop, implement and review data-related infrastructure, processes, and procedures;
- Develop infrastructure to support hybrid data and analytics projects, integrating cloud and on-premise hosted services;
- Work as a part of an application delivery team on project-based objectives to drive delivery of outcomes; and
- Work under limited direction and be accountable for undertaking planning, analysis, design, development, peer review, testing, and delivery activities within tight timeframes.
The successful applicant would be required to have:
- Documented, hands-on ETL development using tools like SQL Server Integration Services or Azure Data Factory.
- In-depth database management experience from design, development, delivery, validation, and ongoing maintenance.
- Coding experience in programming scripting languages such as SQL, Python, R, C Sharp/C++, Powershell.
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems, data analytics, data mining and data modelling techniques.
- Documented minimum of 5 years' experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in report development using various data visualisation tools (such as Power BI, SAS, Qlik, Tableau).
- An applied understanding of UI design concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, configuring, validating, and managing Microsoft cloud platforms, Data Factory, SQL Server, Databricks.
- Understanding of Machine Learning concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in DevOps and/or DataOps.
- Demonstrated ability to work under limited direction and accountable for completion of work
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively within an Agile multi-disciplinary team environment including liaising with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and work in a constantly changing environment
- Experience with machine learning frameworks and libraries.
- Experience with the deployment and maintenance of machine learning models.
About the Company:
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Chins on 02 6243 6409 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Data Analyst
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
Data Solution Architects x 6
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Test & Evaluation Lead
Newcastle, New South Wales
Systems Safety Lead
Newcastle, New South Wales