Data Modeller (M19)
|Job Title:||Data Modeller (M19)|
|Contact Name:||Vinthosh Sadhai|
|Job Published:||February 18, 2022 22:57|
Data Modeller (M19)
- Immediate Start
- Large Scale Program of Work
- Remote/WFH arrangement
FinXL Professional Services is a leading IT services organisation providing a broad range of services to assist large Australian enterprises and Government departments to deliver IT projects.
About the role
As a Data Modeller in the COE for Data and AI, you thrive on solving complex problems using large data sets to find patterns and embed them in a model that can be more easily understood and implemented. Your strength will be in making what appears on the surface impenetrably complexity, simple. Simple diagrams that speak to your stakeholders along with clear definitions will enable the team to bring it altogether. Your combination of business acumen and problem-solving skills will enable you to propose pragmatic solutions that add value to the projects while also advancing the strategic agenda of the COE for Data and AI
- Build analytical solutions by manipulating large data sets and integrating diverse data sources
- Perform in-depth quantitative analysis, articulate complex data patterns, insights and propose actionable insights to stakeholders in meaningful business language
- Derive insights from multiple data sets to test hypotheses and develop recommendations for actions
- Develop integrated data models in collaboration with other team members and curation of source data, extracting meaning from diverse data sets.
- Maintain knowledge of sources to support future use case.
- Work with the team to take business outcomes and turn them into reuse and enhancements to different entities in the model, ensuring building new entities only when necessary
- Develop a deep understanding of the data that transcends the words used to describe it.
- Use innovative and creative approaches to find patterns in the data and make it real for business users.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis, data extracts and develop reproducible analytical approaches to meet business requirements
- Significantly drive continuous improvement, transformation and efficiency into current reporting and analytics processes, including driving self-serve across the organisation
- Recognised as an expert within the Data and Analytics areas, guides, and coaches' others to assist in building capability across the team and increase scalability
Technical skills and experience in
- Moderate to highly experience in SQL
- Data Modelling experience using ERD or UML
- Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) tooling
- Understanding of Solution Architecture
- Collaboration tools like JIRA and Confluence (Wiki)
- Microsoft Excel expert
- Knowledge of Telecommunications
- Communication - verbal and written
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's