|Job Title:||Data Scientists|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Chins Christopher|
|Job Published:||March 13, 2022 11:40|
ASAP Start | Canberra Location
Initial contract for 12 months with 12 months extension
Current baseline clearance
The client needs experienced data scientists to work in multi-disciplinary teams to analyse and model complex business intelligence systems within the key information domains within the different portfolios; and then develop complex data visualisations and reporting dashboards for business use.
The key responsibilities include:
- Work under limited direction and take the lead in driving data analysis and modelling activities; and documenting research, data findings and outcomes from data analysis and modelling activities;
- Analyse and model the vast amounts of data that enter, exit, and integrate across business intelligence systems; Produce complex data visualisations and reporting dashboards;
- Develop and maintain a product backlog, including user stories and acceptance criteria;
- Mentor and train junior data scientists, and
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team alongside business analysts, data analysts, developers and testers.
The successful applicant would be required to have:
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Senior Data Analyst. Individuals with more experience may assume additional responsibilities.
- Analytical mind and business acumen.
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra).
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Developing and maintaining a product backlog, including user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Experience using data visualisation and reporting tools (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Qlik, SAS, Tableau).
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research.
- Knowledge of R, SQL and/or Python.
- Demonstrated ability to work under limited direction and accountable for completion of work within timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively within an Agile multi-disciplinary team environment including liaising with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and work in a constantly changing environment.
- Previous experience with training and/or mentoring staff.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting workshops with business users and working effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated presentation and training skills to stakeholders at all levels.
- Negotiation and liaison skills.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field. (desirable)
- Experience working in working in an Agile, multi-disciplinary team.
About the Company:
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Chins on 02 6243 6409 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Data Analyst
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
Data Solution Architects x 6
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Newcastle, New South Wales
Senior Business Analyst - Contract
Wellington Central, Wellington
NZ$120 - NZ$130 per hour
Sydney, New South Wales
Daily Rate: Up to $850.00 + Super