|Job Title:||Desktop Engineer-M11|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2020 20:26|
Who we are:
FinXL IT Professional Services is an innovative Australian owned company providing our clients with technology enabled business solutions and consulting services.The Finite group is a multi-award winning consultancy recognised across Australia and New Zealand for excellence in recruitment for the technology consultancy space. We have 20 years of year on year success. Our teams specialise in the following areas of technology recruitment (contract and permanent): DevOps | Business Intelligence | Big Data | Analytics | Infrastructure | Engineering | Digital; iOS Android| Front End Development| Back End Development | UX | UI | Research | Project Management | Change Management | AdOps | Service Delivery |
The client's current desktop operating system (OS) is Windows 7, supported by ~1,000 packaged desktop applications. Microsoft released Windows 7 in 2009 and mainstream support for operating system will end in 2020. Ahead of this date PC Manufacturers will cease production of Windows 7 supported machines as a result of intel chipset support. Sourcing Win 7 supported machines in bulk from mid to late 2018 onwards will become increasingly difficult. To ensure the client can successfully source & refresh competent machines to support all lines of business, client must commence the testing and potential remediation of packaged applications to support a new Win 10 platform.
Position duties / requirements may include, but not be limited to;
- Provisioning Windows10 physical and virtual clients.
- Deploying required packaged software to end user workstations using SCCM.
- Troubleshooting and resolving all end-user incidents / service requests that are receivedfrom Service Desk and Tech Lounges (Level 1 Support).
- Assist end-users to resolve client health issues to enable software deployments to complete as required.
- The technical SMEs will work at the direction of the Win10 Program /Project Managersand the Head of Desktop Compute Service Owner to support delivery of the project and business as usual support activities.
- Complete all required compliance training as and when required.
If you would like to be considered, please click the apply button.
Include your CV AND an application letter outlining in three dot points why you should be considered for the next steps.
Depending on your answer, a FinXL Resource Manager will be in touch to explain the remaining steps of the process.
Please note: Given the expected volume of applications, only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's