Finite are seeking Defence Technical Writers, for multiple permanent and contract opportunities in Sydney.
In these roles, you will work with various stakeholders to achieve operational validation of the content in an engineering function. You will provide guidance and support to SPO Engineering team relating to Technical Publications and identify amendments to all publications in priority order.
Skills & Experience
- Provide monthly progress reports and updates for schedule, emergent situation reports and risk reports
- Identify prioritise publications for validation and amendment, in consultation with Ship Staff, to be agreed and accepted by the Commonwealth
- Develop an extended schedule for validation and amendment of prioritised publications
- Manage red line mark-ups and report publication issues
- Confirm publication drawing resolutions are legible and compliant
- Ensure publications contain enough information for Ships use and update or provide recommendations
- Confirm publication scheduled maintenance aligns with program approved planned maintenance documentation
- Present changes for presentation to align with Engineering Change process
Skills & Experience
- Experience in the following fields will be considered:
- Ship Mechanical/Marine systems
- Ship Hull (Platform) systems.
- Ship High Power (Electrical) systems; and
- Ship Electronic and Weapons (Combat, Communication and Sensor) systems.
- Technical expderience in the use of Australian naval ship systems
- Demonstrated experience in the development of Defence publications
- High level of attention to detail
- Must hold an active Defence security clearance of Baseline or higher
If you feel this is the opportunity for you, please submit your cv and covering letter in WORD FORMAT.
Who are Finite
Finite is an Australian owned, award winning independent Defence and Government technology recruitment company. We currently supply to many of the country's largest prime contractors, SMEs, PSPs, State and Federal Government organisations.