Head of IT Solutions - Education & Research
|Job Title:||Head of IT Solutions - Education & Research|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||David South|
|Job Published:||April 12, 2021 17:47|
We have a current opportunity for a Head of Education & Research IT Systems on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Kensington. For further information about this position please apply.
The Head of Solutions - Education and Research will play a key leadership role within the Academic Research Solutions Domain. The key purpose of the role is to be a future focused, single point of End to End ownership for IT applications to the Enterprise, Education and Research sub domain. This includes the full Solution Delivery Lifecyle of partner, plan, build, transition, run and sustain for those specific applications and solutions.
This role works under broad direction, is self-initiated, and performs an extensive range and variety of complex work activities.
Influences organisation, customers, suppliers, partners and peers on the contribution of own area of expertise. Is fully responsible for meeting allocated objectives, establishes milestones and has a significant role in the assignment of tasks and/or responsibilities. Makes critical decisions which impact the success of assigned work, such as results, milestones and budget. Has significant influence over the allocation and management of resources appropriate to work. Leads on user/customer collaboration throughout all stages of work. Ensures users' needs are met consistently through each work stage.
This role is familiar with recognised industry bodies of knowledge, actively seeks out new knowledge for own personal development and the mentoring or coaching of others.
This position will report to the Director and has four direct reports including a Technology Manager, Solution Architect, Lead Business Analyst and a Program Manager.
Specific accountabilities for this role include:
* Lead the creation and review of the companies systems capability strategy that meets the strategic requirements of the business.
* Influence and lead the creation of strategies, policies, standards and practices to ensure compliance between the companies strategies, technology strategies, and enterprise transformation activities.
* Drive collaboration to align critical key stakeholders with diverse objectives to agree and adopt the technology strategy and new solutions.
* Influence and support Enterprise, Education and Research improvement initiatives and business process redesign to drive improvement in processes and leveraging of IT systems.
* Develop annual program of work, plan and implement key improvement elements such as annual pipeline of system enhancements in partnership with finance stakeholders and supported by enabling technology.
* Manage cross functional relationships across IT and Education and Research and take ownership of key stakeholder engagement for the finance initiatives.
* Monitor, prioritise and guide on market and environmental trends, business strategies and objectives,
and identify the business benefits of alternative strategies.
* Provide expert, specialist advice to support transformation programs, providing strategy and services to support the resolution of conflicting demands and/or designs and initiatives that continue to mature
* Proactively identify and escalate potential risks and ensure security is appropriately addressed.
Manage the development of risk management plans, establishment of risk controls and performance
of risk mitigation activities.
* Provide organisational leadership, including developing, managing and engaging teams, driving a strong customer centric culture and healthy engagement within the organisation.
* As part of the Leadership Team, proactively collaborate with the business and IT stakeholders to jointly lead the uplift in service delivery of the IT organisation.
* Promote a culture of continuous improvement, championing professional standards, innovation and professional method.
Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the company and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health & safety of yourself or others.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Relevant tertiary qualifications and extensive knowledge of IT improvement and transformation, through all stages from defining the need for change, to implementation.
* Superior level of broad technology knowledge and the general technical landscape
* Proven ability to successfully develop and lead the implementation of robust digital strategies to deliver business outcomes and experience with driving technology change.
* Proven strong leadership capabilities across all areas of the IT environment or within a matrix management structure.
* Proven ability to define, develop and manage large portfolios and programs of work. Including deep knowledge on agile and waterfall methodologies and how these are incorporated effectively into a business.
* Strong analytical skills, effective business planning and budgeting skills with demonstrated experience in strategic and operational planning.
* Strong leadership and people management skills, with significant experience in building effective / high performance teams along with developing and retaining staff.
* Versatile, results-oriented, with a continuous improvement focus and ability to influence outcomes with both senior leaders and other stakeholders throughout the organisation.
* Demonstrated creativity, innovation and ethical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder.
* Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills including the ability to develop effective relationships and influence key stakeholders at all levels in the organisation.
* Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
If you have a required skills and experience we would love to hear from you, please apply via this portal and Call David South on 0412 676 141 should you require any further details.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's