Information Security Architect
|Job Title:||Information Security Architect|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Chins Christopher|
|Job Published:||December 22, 2021 12:01|
ASAP Start | Canberra Location
Initial contract for 6 months with 24 months extension
NV1 clearance with ability to upgrade to NV2
A federal government client is seeking a security architect to develop and deploy a fit for purpose Disaster Recover (DR) capability to support their Unified Gateway, that enables secure reliable information exchanges between the secret environments and external networks.
The required personnel should have the right expertise and experience, to
- design, test and implement a fit for purpose Software Defined Gateway as a Proof of Concept (PoC) for DR Capability;
- deploy the PoC, as high availability, auto fail-over system, with all necessary interfaces, development, test, pre-production & production environments, with the required controls (security, monitoring, logging) and back-up requirements; and
- augment the existing Gateway Sustainment team to manage ongoing business as usual engineering & ICT support (obsolescence management, change and configuration management).
The key responsibilities include:
- Validate initial high level concept for a fully featured DR Capability, including physical connections and interfacing systems requirements;
- Review and advise on client identified location(s) and architecture for the future DR Capability;
- Review, advise and document the impact of the DR Capability on any existing services and infrastructure, including backup, archiving and management environments;
- Produce technical documentation to support the PoC exercise, including but not limited to System Architecture Description, High Level Design, Detailed Design, Build Instructions, As built as Configured, Support Documentation and other technical documents required for Commonwealth approvals;
The successful applicant would be required to have:
- 5+ years' experience in architecture within cyber/information security or infrastructure/network with partial security remit;
- Experience in Government information assurance requirements including the Australian Government Information Security Manual;
- Substantial professional experience with cyber security, including previous experience in technical areas such as Incident Response, Penetration Testing, Security Architecture, and Security Research;
- Experience working on large, complex ICT projects and/or in Defence ICT;
- Substantial relevant professional experience and specialised training;
- Proven ability to contribute to the development of organisational strategies that address information control requirements;
- Able to lead the provision of authoritative advice and guidance on the requirements for security controls in collaboration with experts in other functions e.g. legal, technical support; and;
- Able to ensure architectural principles are applied during design to reduce risk and drives adoption and adherence to policy, standards and guidelines.
- Tertiary qualifications in ICT security and ICT management, or equivalence in experience;
- Relevant certifications or Professional membership would be desirable (CISSP, CISM, ISO 27001 Lead Auditor/Implementer, IRAP);
- Proven ability to develop and communicate corporate information security policy, standards and guidelines;
- Proven ability to identify and monitor environmental and market trends and pro-actively assesses impact on business strategies, benefits and risks; and
- Ideally, has knowledge of Australian Government security standards, demonstrated ability to work in a team and well developed oral and written communication skills.
About the Company:
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Chins on 02 6243 6409 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Business Analyst
Canberra CBD, Australian Capital Territory
Adelaide, South Australia
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Newcastle, New South Wales
Senior Systems Engineer
Sydney, New South Wales