FinXL IT Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Telecommunications, Government and Finance.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IP Network Consultant to join our market leading client.
- Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane or New Zealand locations
- Initial contract for 6 months with extension options
What will you be doing?
The IP Network Consultant will join our client's senior technical team, focused on Tier 1 IP network solutions. The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Network designs
- Engineering and quotes
- Assisting customers + regional engineers performing technical tasks (test plans, lab proof or concepts, demos and software updates)
- Ciena Solutions experience/knowledge would be highly regarded.
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of Data Networking, Carrier Ethernet, IP/MPLS, IGP/BGP routing, Segment Routing, Route Optimization and Assurance, EVPN and other Adaptive IP network architectures.
- Knowledge of 4G/5G wireless networking, xRAN, and front/mid/backhaul network systems.
- Familiarity with SDN, network virtualization as well as Public, Private and Edge cloud.
- Working technical knowledge of IP/MPLS networks, architectures and network management.
- Experience with automation (e.g. python ansible) and analytics in networking operations.
- Exposure to next Gen management interfaces including NETCONF/YANG, gRPC, gNMI etc.
- Familiarity with test equipment (traffic generators, power meters, etc.).
- Strong PC and Unix skills are required including general knowledge of computers, MS Office applications and Unix operating environment. Software programming and scripting is a plus.
- Solution development and problem-solving skills.
- Project management, time management, and organizational skills due to dynamic nature of activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Professionalism in attitude, conduct, and appearance.
Please note that due to the volume of expected applications, only shortlisted individuals will be contacted.