ITAR Export Controls Specialist
|Job Title:||ITAR Export Controls Specialist|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Adrian Broadhead|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2021 18:41|
Finite are working with their partners to assist Defence and Industry in delivering some the most advanced, critical, complex and strategic acquisition programs in our nation's history. As a result of continued success and trust; we are seeking
In this role you will join premier Defence Industry organisation, as they deliver a variety of critical and highly complex projects at the program level.
You play a key role in the decision-making process, ensuring all export controls regulations are in place to protect national security, promote foreign policy.
- Develop and manage export controls compliance strategies in an acquisition environment
- Provide subject matter advice at the project and program level on domestic and international import and export controls
- Provide guidance to the development of Foreign Military Sales
- Identify, analyse and advise import and export risks, mitigation and treatment activities
- Work in partnership with Commonwealth and international stakeholders to develop engagement strategies and working groups
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience in ITAR compliance and export administration regulations
- Strong understanding of Australian and US Defence Export Controls requirements
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing Foreign Military Sales cases
- Experience in reviewing Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA) and sound understanding of the TAA process and its compliance requirements
- Experience in developing complex processes and procedures
- Experience in US export controls compliance
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to engage, influence and negotiate with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Hold an active Negative Vetted One (NV1) security clearance
Due to the nature of the program. The Systems Engineering Lead must be able to access ITAR/US Export Technology Control. Candidates can not hold ties to, or be a dual citizen of prescribed/prohibited Tier 1 or 2 nations.
If you feel this is the opportunity for you, please submit your cv and covering letter in WORD FORMAT.
Who are Finite
Finite is an Australian owned, award winning independent Defence and Government technology recruitment company. We currently supply to many of the country's largest prime contractors, SMEs, PSPs, State and Federal Government organisations.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's