Major Incident Manager
|Job Title:||Major Incident Manager|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Chins Christopher|
|Job Published:||February 08, 2022 16:12|
ASAP Start | Sydney Location
Initial contract for 2 months with possibility of permanency
Australian citizenship required
The Major Incident Manager is a key role within our telecommunication client's Restoration Command Centre that drives restoration of services for all escalated, priority, strategic and sensitive customers across the entire, customer base of approx. 3000 customers.
The role is part of a senior/elite team that operates on a 24x7x365 basis. This role is the highest level of authority during incident restoration calls. Takes accountability and ownership for driving technical teams to restore services without increasing the risk profile to the customers' business or brand and reputation. This role has a direct impact to our NPS.
The team is the central point for the Command Centre. Effective communications and leadership is key to the role as you will be directing and engaging with NMC Managers, Product Managers, Service Desk Team Leaders, Sales Managers, Account Managers, Vice Presidents, Directors, and Functional Managers, including third party suppliers, external stakeholders include customer Chief Information Officers and Senior Technology personnel.
The suitable candidate Is responsible for providing timely and business centric communications that can be shared internally and externally.
As a senior member of Service Management, this role will provide ongoing mentoring, training and support to all other internal front-line teams and will play an active role in implementation, transformation and continuous improvement programs.
The key responsibilities include:
- Lead the restoration of all major Network Outages impacting the client's Customers.
- End to end ownership and management to resolution of all major and escalated/priority/sensitive incidents
- Delivering exceptional customer experience through effective collaboration with all internal/external departments, divisions and customers
- Achieve required levels of Customer Satisfaction and Advocacy
- Understand the products and services offered to the customer base.
- Assist with root cause investigation and ongoing improvements for incident management within OB.
- Driving timely resolution of escalated incidents for the OB priority and sensitive customers.
- Provide post incident documentation for high priority incidents, where the appropriate criteria have been met.
- Communicate potential major outages that are affecting customers from the client network to the wider community.
- The team will work with all parties required to drive improvement, remedial and preventative actions.
- Responsible for producing Major Incident Notifications.
- Organise and lead technical incident conference bridges
- Perform triaging activities to ensure that major incident criteria have been met.
- Ability to determine impact of resolver group acceptance delays and take appropriate action as required.
- Maintains an awareness of technology advancements and ITSM best practice.
- Maintain an awareness of, and adherence to, Industry standards and benchmarks
- Responsible for the establishment of measures and reporting that reflect business, User and IT support organisation requirements.
The successful applicant would be required to:
- 5-10 +years' of ICT industry experience.
- Professional assertiveness and authority as well as a sense of urgency commensurate with managing a priority/severity incident in a 24 x 7 environment.
- Strong communications skills able to operate at all levels of the organisation including external customers and partners.
- Strong stakeholder management expertise, able to drive process improvement across a diverse and heavily matrixed organisation.
- Ability to manage demanding customers.
- The ability to work and perform in a matrix organisation structure
- Possess strong influence & negotiation skills
- Ability to make decisions quickly
- Ability to build and maintain strategic relationships
- Ability to manage conflict and negotiate outcomes
- Ability to work in a fast paces and complex work environment
- Excellent time management, organisation and prioritisation skills - with ability to work on multiple tasks at any one time
- Ability Interact at all levels including technical, Management and Senior Leadership
- Ability to develop & present high impact messages to senior level management both internal and external.
- Strong Service Management knowledge. ITIL Foundation Certificate as a minimum.
- Expert Outsourcing industry knowledge
- Experience in ICT environment, high level understanding of various technology platforms and services.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret operational analysis and trends.
- Team player demonstrating maturity and a positive attitude towards change
- Self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a team
- Leadership by example and the ability to motivate others
- The ability to exercise independent judgement and work unsupervised
- High level of personal commitment and willingness to accept responsibility
- Ability to quickly grasp new concepts
- Focus on offering solutions
- Able to work under pressure to meet customer expectations
About the Company:
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Chins on 02 6243 6409 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's