FinXL IT Professional Services is a leading IT services organisation providing a broad range of services to assist large Australian enterprises and Government departments to deliver IT projects.
At present, we are looking for multiple Network Migration Engineers who have experience across telecommunications network migration focused on routing and switching.
- Initial 12-month fixed term contract with ongoing extensions
- Salary on offer is $90,000-100,000 total package
The Network Migration Engineer will be responsible for implementing migration processes. This is inclusive of core aggregation network, access networks covering HFC, FTTN/B/P/C, Enterprise Ethernet, Fixed Wireless and Satellite, as well as DWDM network, Site Environmental Management network, NCN Management network, SCN network, and all associated OSS platforms.
Afterhours/night shift work will be required to cover network migrations & network augmentations that are both business impacting & customer impacting, this could either be on a rolling shift roster or as scheduled night works based on the business needs and the program you are working on at the time.
- Implement Migration processes, specialising in AGG network migration tasks.
- Perform other Migration tasks in the following domains: FTTN/B/P/C, RSP CVC, AVC and NNI migrations, HFC network, NCN management networks, site environmental networks.
- Trouble shoot network and OSS related issues & supply feedback for process improvements.
- Support activities to ensure the migration guide & MDD's meet the end-to-end solution as per detailed design.
- Manage network augmentation, capacity upgrades, LI, SCN network growth, transit DWDM capacity up lift and network life cycle manage of core infrastructure.
- Facilitate the technical development of team work.
Skills & qualifications required:
- 3-5 years' experience in a telecommunications environment, focused on Routing & Switching including implementing Migration processes.
- Good understanding of IT OSS systems - tools used to manage the network.
- Network topology knowledge, data management using different tools & technologies from integration and operational perspective.
- Experience in telecommunications fault finding - trouble shooting on implementation of the process and migration related issues.
- Core network knowledge - migration tools, scripting & transit network data management.
- Network topology understand end to end across all active elements so network topology is maintain & network integrity.
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for please apply online today!
Please note that due to the volume of expected applications, only shortlisted individuals will be contacted.