FinXL IT Professional Services is an established, innovative Australian company, providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries. These include; Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 1250 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
FinXL are currently seeking a PostgreSQL Design and Engineering Specialist for contract opportunity with a large Federal Government department in Melbourne OR Canberra. The PostgreSQL Design and Engineering Specialist is required to lead the design and build of the PostgreSQL solution supporting the ECE Deployment. PostgreSQL is a key technology being introduced as part of the ECE solution and the department does not have expertise in this technology. The role is critical to the success of the ECE project and will work alongside the infrastructure team to upskill existing resources and lead the transition to support.
- Technical lead in the Design and Build of highly available PostgreSQL environments to support mission critical, highly available, scalable and high transaction solution
- Working collaboratively with Program team, Solutions Integrator and department SME’s to deliver a seven-tier landscape from Development through to Production
- Design and build highly availablility multi-site PostgreSQL platforms within an OpenShift containerised environment
- Mentor and lead the upskilling of DBA team in relation to PostgreSQL solution implementation and transition to support
- Ensure all project NFR’s are accommodated within the PostgreSQL designs
- Kubernetes knowledge desirable
- Previous experience developing and delivering training material across PostgreSQL also desirable
You will be required to perform the following: -
1. Minimum of 5+ years’ experience as a DBA working in large, complex enterprise environments
2. Experience as an Infrastructure/Database Designer including High Availability Database Designs
3. Experience in designing, building and managing multi-site PostgreSQL solutions
1. Demonstrated experience in PostgreSQL design and deployments
2. Experience designing and building HA Database platforms to support critical business systems
3. Experience working with Containerised environments, preferably Redhat Openshift
4. Well-developed communication skills with an ability to mentor existing DBA’s
5. Experience with CI/CD toolchains for automation and deployment
Sound like you?
We would like to hear from Australian Citizens with a current government security clearance, OR the ability to obtain one (Baseline minimum).
Initial twelve month contract on offer with extension options until June 2022.
Prior Federal Government experience.
FinXL actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
If this position suit your skills and professional experience, then call us for further details!!
APPLY NOW by submitting your CV in Word Format to David South email@example.com and call me on 0412 676 141