My client is a government agency charged with curating vital data for New Zealand which is used by individuals and businesses every day. This has been a very large and complex build process and the professional team has done a fantastic job so far. They run on an Agile SAFe framework and they are constantly maturing their ability in this practice. They now have a fantastic new Release Train Engineer who wants to take things to the next level and requires Product Owners who are delivery focused.
You will lead a squad focused on migrating the core mission critical database to the new platform, solving challenges along the way. The Product Owners are involved in all aspects of the design, creation, testing and maintenance of the revamped system and you will be owning the product vision, leading customer and stakeholder engagement and balancing product delivery with integrity in a Scaled Agile DevOps environment.
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Experience leading the migration and delivery of a mission critical database or similar solution
* Proven experience in product ownership or other leadership roles
* Ability to engage and lead at the customer and business interface
* Ability to collaborate across multiple squads, more traditional teams and wider organisation to coordinate dependencies and releases
* Operational knowledge of agile project and development tools, including CI/CD pipelines
* Mentoring other team members and leading technical discussions as required
* Understanding of how public cloud impacts development and deployment is an advantage
This is a solid opportunity in these uncertain times. For more information please contact Charles Avery on 029 979 5664.