|Job Title:||Project Manager|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Isaac Bischof|
|Job Published:||March 29, 2022 13:20|
ASAP Start | Canberra Location & other locations
Initial contract for 12 months with 12 months extension
Current NV1 clearance
Are you interested in the world of cyber and have a passion for developing enterprise wide solutions? This is a unique opportunity to contribute to building Australia's cyber awareness and resilience. Working as part of large collaborative team, Project Managers will be responsible for leading complex and dynamic pieces of work which will be focused on continuing to develop the capability of the federal department client, and to support its mission of improving cyber awareness and making Australia the safest country in the world to conduct business on-line.
The work typically involves managing a multi-disciplinary team to plan and build a range of contemporary products that enable the client to deploy the appropriate capability to ensure that Australia remains at the forefront of cyber technology and is resilient to the increasing threat posed on our national security. Evidence of previous projects will support your core project management skills.
In return, we offer you a flexible work environment, the opportunity to significantly contribute to future initiatives in the cyber technology arena and to work with industry professionals in your sector. Interstate applicants are encouraged to apply for this role. The client will consider and negotiate remote working arrangements on a case by case basis. Applicants should note that there will still be a requirement for regular travel to Canberra for key team, stakeholder and organisational events.
Successful applicants are required to undertake an Organisational Suitability Assessment (OSA) during the first year of their engagement to determine their suitability to work in a high security environment. Before submitting an application for this position, applicants should consider their preparedness for questions that may include the following topics: personal relationships, living circumstances, personal values, financial situation, physical and mental health history including substance use, and any civil and/or military record.
The key responsibilities include:
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to engage with a broad range of stakeholders across the organisation;
- Capacity to report to the executive;
- Ability to manage and be accountable for project finances, and deliver results against the planned benefits and outcomes.
- Experience working in environments that use structured Agile and Dev Ops delivery methodologies as well as the more traditional waterfall approaches
The successful applicant would be required to have:
- Demonstrated successful delivery of one or more of the following:
- On premise, cloud or hybrid Enterprise platforms
- Major Network deployments
- Big Data solutions either on premise or in the Cloud
- Contact centre solutions
- Internet and/or intranet web sites
- ICT Outsourcing/strategic partner engagement.
- Able to demonstrate project management core skills:
- Project initiation
- Project planning, resource planning and cost estimation
- Managing Project Governance
- Risk and issue Management
- Project Financial Management
- Problem solving
- Managing the lifecycle of the project.
- Able to demonstrate project management communication and leadership skills including:
- Stakeholder management and engagement
- Team Leadership
- Board briefings
- Clear documentation of Project Artefacts
- Collaborative and Collegiate style
- Demonstrated experience leading project delivery in an Organisation using Dev Ops or SAFE agile.
- Demonstrated experience as a scrum master.
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- Transition in and/or transition out of outsourced arrangements
- Implementation of service delivery and service management
- Implementation of ongoing sustainment arrangements
About the Company:
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Isaac on 02 6243 6408 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Western Sydney, New South Wales
Daily rate: $1000-$1100 inc
Project Interface Manager
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
$900-1080inc super per day
Project Manager - Contract 6m+
Wellington Central, Wellington
Project Coordinators x 2
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Auckland, New Zealand