Security Consultant (M20)
|Job Title:||Security Consultant (M20)|
|Job Published:||November 22, 2019 11:20|
Who we are:
FinXL IT Professional Services is an innovative Australian owned company providing our clients with technology enabled business solutions and consulting services.The Finite group is a multi-award winning consultancy recognised across Australia and New Zealand for excellence in recruitment for the technology consultancy space. We have 20 years of year on year success. Our teams specialise in the following areas of technology recruitment (contract and permanent): DevOps | Business Intelligence | Big Data | Analytics | Infrastructure | Engineering | Digital; iOS Android| Front End Development| Back End Development | UX | UI | Research | Project Management | Change Management | AdOps | Service Delivery |
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Security Consultant with 2-3 years experience to join one of the largest mainstream Telco's based in the CBD.
Please noted this is not a senior role.
The Security Consultant will work closely with stakeholders to deliver business focussed information security outcomes. Utilising the ability to develop strong partnerships along with excellent communication skills this role will be required to work closely with business stakeholders and to share and consult with other security functions. Reporting to the Manager Security Consulting.
This role is accountable for:
• Maturing the clients security status in consultation with technology/business owners to ensure a defence in depth approach to protecting critical environments and assets;
• Orchestrating the security requirements for major business transformation projects;
• Verifying current state architecture in conjunction with the Security Architecture team and the Security Confidence & Risk team to provide a baseline of security controls;
• Assessing and recommending standardised and integrated, fit for purpose tools and processes for network security and cyber security operations, in consultation with the Security functions;
• Contribute to the development of technical standards and other supporting documentation to enable consistent design and implementation of the controls;
• Business case development (including clearly articulating in a Business Case: the technology security risks, cost of remediation, alternatives, recommendations etc) to enable stakeholders and management to make informed decisions, or escalating to Security Governance Council for decision;
• Responding quickly to business environment changes as new technology and services are introduced into the highly competitive telecommunications industry;
• Collaborating and integrating security practices, techniques and methods across all security teams to enable management reporting;
• Developing and maintaining trusted relationships with key business stakeholders;
• Working in a highly collaborative manner with the Security Architecture and Security Confidence & Risk teams.
Depending on level of capability, other duties will be applicable.
It is preferred that the successful applicant possess;
Non-technical skillset -
• Time management
• Manage risk
• Good communication (verbal and written)
• Willingness to train others (mentor a junior member of staff)
• Ability to work and participate in a team environment
Experienced in Agile Scrum or Agile Lean methodology
Technical skillset -
• Suitable experience of at least two-three years in a similar environment
• Tertiary qualification relevant to the role
Experience with ISO Implementation, Audit and Health checking highly regarded
If you would like to be considered, please click the apply button.
Please note: Given the expected volume of applications, only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's