Senior Cybersecurity Consultant
|Job Title:||Senior Cybersecurity Consultant|
|Contact Name:||Stephanie D'Aloia|
|Job Published:||June 29, 2022 17:30|
- Join a high-performance team
- Permanent position paying around $200,000.00 (total package)
- Amazing flexibility and additional perks on offer
FinXL IT Professional Services is a leading IT services organisation providing a broad range of services to assist large Australian enterprises and Government departments to deliver IT projects.
At present, an outstanding opportunity exists for a Senior Cyber Security Consultant to join a high performing team onsite at a highly regarded organisation in the energy sector.
The successful candidate will work across all aspects of the business covering cyber security risk. You will have a strong technical background working as a Cyber Security Consultant, but also great communication skills as you will need to take non-technical stakeholders on a journey that helps them to truly embrace the importance of Cybersecurity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a key role in protecting the business through the provision of cyber security engineering and operational services
- Enhancing cyber safety by providing thought leadership and advice on a broad range of complex cyber security matters including IT and OT services.
- Undertaking risk assessment and mitigation of complex cyber security related risks.
- Provide relevant, timely and actionable threat intelligence and make recommendations towards the continual improvement cycle.
- You will analyse and implement best practice security controls across: firewalls, proxy, email filtering and end point protection
- Provide assurance of security posture through security testing, vulnerability, web application, penetration and phishing tests and audit/self-check activities.
- You will enhance cyber security resilience through the provision of expertise and support to incident response, business continuity and disaster recovery activities and support IT and business through the provision of Information security guidance, reviews and risk assessments and security testing.
- You will enhance process effectiveness by updating cyber security related processes and documentation, improving cybersecurity awareness and behaviours across the business, conducting investigations of cyber security related events
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Well versed in cyber security engineering, you will love educating people on the why,
- Highly-developed communication skills with strong stakeholder management / engagement skills
- Experience communicating technical concepts to those who may not have the same technical depth
- Experience in identifying, assessing and communicating cyber security related risks.
- Knowledge across Information Security principles, frameworks and good practices and familiarity with AESCSF, ASD, NIST, IEC 62433, ISO27001 and or other related standards.
- Experience with Operational Technology and ideally the PURDUE model
- Ideally you will be a CISSP, GCIH (or bring similar certifications or tertiary education related to Information Security).
- Relevant security experience with a blend of the following technologies Cisco - SASE, Firewalls, Proxy, Email filtering, AMP, ISE, Routers and Switches, Carbon Black - Application whitelisting, Microsoft - O365, Azure, server and desktop operating systems, and applications, Linux - Red Hat, Mobile - iPhone and Android, Zero Trust, Micro Network Segmentation, Network Detection and Response (NDR), User and Entity Behaviour Analytics (UEBA), Service Now & Jira.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's