Senior DevOps Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior DevOps Engineer|
|Location:||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Erin Perry|
|Job Published:||September 14, 2020 16:40|
You will be a key member of our client's Site Operations team focusing mainly on setting up the DevOps environment, as well as a bit of automation, scripting, and database development. This role will require a rotation for On-Call for off peak hours to maintain 24/7, 365 system availability.
- Knowledge of DevOps concepts such as "Infrastructure as Code" using orchestration tools such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, etc.
- Agile and Scrum experience
- 3+ years' system administration of Linux (e.g. - CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu).
- Troubleshooting experience of networking issues, Linux, Apache, Tomcat, or Python
- Ability to write executable scripts in Bash, Python and/or ruby.
- Experience working with SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Couchbase).
- System and application monitoring experience - e.g. Nagios/Icinga, InfluxDB/Prometheus, Ganglia, Grafana, etc.
Nice to Have
- Continuous Integration / Source Control (e.g. - GitLab, Bitbucket, Jenkins)
- Experience of containerized environment (e.g. - Docker and Kubernetes)
- Log Management - Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana).
- Knowledge and experience of working with virtualization environment, e.g. - KVM, Zen, VMWare, OpenStack, etc.
- Knowledge of change control and associated procedures.
- Good knowledge of enterprise level networking and concepts (TCP/UDP, IP, VPN, VIP, Firewalls, etc.)
- Professional experience of working within the public cloud environment such as AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's