We have a current opportunity for a Front End Developer on a contract basis. The position will be based in Sydney. For further information about this position please apply.
Our Client a large Federal Government department, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Front End Engineer with general knowledge of web technologies/frameworks to help drive innovation and change to deliver on Whole-of Government programmes. The Senior Front End Engineer undertakes technical research and analysis to drive the design, and the development of high-quality solutions in support
of business and technical requirements. The Senior Front End Engineer operates with a significant degree of independence and works under the broad guidance of the leadership team to deliver quality outcomes. They operate with a high level of autonomy, with decision-making highly dependent on their own judgement. In performing the required
the role, the Senior Front End Engineer will identify and drive innovation, manage and lead change, and have an active role in contributing to and implementing the agency's strategic direction.
Duties may include some or all the following:
* translate technical and market trends into development strategy
* accountable for the analysis, design, development, prototyping, unit testing and maintenance activities
* ensure compliance with endorsed software development methodologies
* develop strategy to ensure high code quality and long-term maintenance of a product's code base
* ensure development productivity and excellence in quality
* proactively share knowledge and expertise as the subject matter expert, and aid and mentorship to less experienced colleagues
* provide direction and support to development teams to ensure high quality solution realisation
* oversee, review, and advise on a range of written material which may include technical and corporate documentation
* proactively drive continuous improvement in area of responsibility
The skills we are after
- Demonstrated minimum 3+ years' experience in front end development
- Excellent problem solving skills and a high level of initiative, requiring limited supervision
- Experience working in a large organisation, preferably Federal Government
- Excellent working knowledge of cross-browser troubleshooting practices and techniques, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), and design systems
5. Experience with React/Angular and code versioning (git)
If you have some or all of the above skills AND hold Australian Citizenship, we would love to hear from you!!