FinXL IT Professional Services is a leading IT services organisation providing a broad range of services to assist large Australian enterprises and Government departments to deliver IT projects.
At present, we are looking for a Senior Network Design Engineer who has experience with design, development, solution testing and integration testing of Ethernet Aggregation Network (EAN) telecommunication network capabilities and is a subject matter in these areas.
- Provide engineering work breakdown (Epics into user stories), sizing and commitments.
- Develop high quality production network high level and detailed designs, configuration guides, MoPs, network scripts, API specifications, CNI standards, alarm specifications, test specifications, test plans and procedures.
- Development testing & system integration testing to implement, enhance and augment the production network.
- Support first time deployments, migrations and operational handover activities.
- Contribute to the success of the Delivery team and Quarterly Program Increment (PI) planning workshops, daily stand-ups, team demonstrations/showcases, iteration planning, and retrospectives.
- Analyzing and highlighting risks to project management along with mitigation plan.
- Providing support to design and test team for design issues, test execution and troubleshooting test environment related issues.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Deep understanding of end-to-end telecommunications network solutions.
- Subject matter expertise in Ethernet Aggregation technologies.
- Experience in Ethernet Aggregation network systems and protocols, including network testing and configuration:
- Knowledge with Nokia 7750 SR, 7450 ESS and 7210 SAS-Sx routers and switches.
- Knowledge in element manager level Nokia NFM-P
- Experience with OSPF and BGP routing as well as MPLS technologies.
- Proven experience with QoS and Layer 2 services (e.g. VPLS, Pseudowires/E-Line, PBB-epipes, EVPN-Etree)
- Experience in detailed solution design of new telecommunication network capabilities
- Excellent communication, stakeholder engagement and technical writing skills.
- 5 + years' experience in design, configuration, testing and deploying network technologies in a carrier environment.
- Experience working within engineering teams in an Agile/SAFe or other process driven development environment.
- MEF 2.0 Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional (CECP) desirable.
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for please apply online today!
Please note that due to the volume of expected applications, only shortlisted individuals will be contacted.