- Start ASAP | Canberra/Sydney/Melbourne Locations
- Initial contract for 6 months with extension options
- Australian Citizen - Must have an NV1 clearance, NV2 desirable
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 850 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
FinXL are looking to engage multiple Network Engineers to support an ongoing project and preferably with wireless experience.
The role requires you to have:
- Extensive Knowledge/Experience on Carrier Grade platform IP MPLS/BGP based Network to provide Layer 2 and layer 3 services
- Extremely confident in building LAN/WAN design and configuration.
- Solid experience and knowledge of installation of Switches and Routers and configuration.
- Advanced knowledge of Routing protocols (RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP), STP, EtherChannels, Network Technologies, TCP/IP Protocols and Network. LAN/WAN Troubleshooting.
- Solid experience and knowledge with layer 3 switches e.g. 3550, 3560, 3750 etc.
- Advanced knowledge about wireless & xDSL Technologies, IPv6 addresses and Network security.
- Advanced knowledge prioritizing, QOS, Load Balancing and Managing Data Flows, VPNs etc and Securing Network Devices.
- Juniper and Cisco experience
The key skills required are:
- At least 5 years of experience in a networking environment and 2 years in a design role designing large networks in telco, ISP or Enterprise
- Proven performance in designing enterprise-based network infrastructure in a large scale, complex and distributed business environment.
- Ability to develop detailed design and implementation plans
- Advanced understanding and hands on experience with network architectures, routing, switching and associated technologies
- Good understanding of infrastructure and protocols: IPv4/IPv6, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, Ethernet, QOS, EIGRP, LACP, STP, BFD
- Design experience in BGP, MPLS, OSPF, IS-IS routing protocols, Routing policies and Virtual Routing instances.
- Good understanding of WLAN design (Aruba preferred) and Cloud (eg. AWS, Azure) connectivity patterns.
- Knowledge of Firewall, load balancers and SDWAN
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills pragmatic, analytical and sound judgement.
- Deliver work to agreed performance standards whether as an individual, part of a team or a leader of a small team.
- Security clearance to work on Federal agencies (NV1 or NV2) projects.
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Sinthu on 02 6243 6415 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.