ASAP Start | Canberra Location
Contract for 24 months with extension
A federal government client is seeking a Project Manager as part of Mission Thread Development Team with a focus towards operational analysis, stakeholder engagement, workshop facilitation and data format presentation. Engagement with subject matter experts and process owners will be required to map system parameters to operational process.
The Mission Thread Development Team's role is to collect, develop and present 'mission threads'. A mission thread aims to operationally and technically describe the end-to-end set of activities and systems that accomplish the execution of a mission for common reference by all stakeholders. The use of mission threads to describe the interconnections of activities, systems and operational effects is currently used in similar areas of the defence operations, including Joint Force Analysis and Integration cells and Joint Capability Group.
The initial target would be to begin eliciting and recording existing data and knowledge into a structure for the Mission Thread Development Team to analyse and 'learn through doing'. The role does not require deep technical understanding; rather there will be an initial emphasis on stakeholder engagement and mapping the existing mission threads across the Joint and Land interfaces. Stakeholder engagement includes key staff in operations headquarters as well as capability programs and integration teams conducting mission thread analysis or development for various capability life cycle inputs.
The key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain a Mission Thread Collection Plan.
- Lead workshops and working groups to collect information to generate mission threads. These activities will be conducted with a variety of stakeholders who are experienced in the system but not mission threads.
- Generate mission threads within a suitable data presentation program (or database if suitable).
- Provide input to the ongoing design/development of the Mission Thread Database (MTDB).
- Refine and document procedures in accordance with details derived from Mission Thread Workshops.
- Review existing doctrine and training for discrepancies against mission thread outputs.
- Deliver presentations to client and industry stakeholders on the mission thread body of work and uses.
- Support mission thread users in manipulation of the MTDB
- Report to, and undertake additional tasking as required.
- Comply with the APS code of conduct and principles of Equity and Diversity, Industrial Democracy and WH&S.
The successful applicant would be required to have:
- Understanding of staff processes within operational and tactical headquarters
- Experience in engagement and liaison with multiple stakeholders for data collection
- Experience in compilation of documents and reports
- Experience in graphically presenting data for varying user communities
- Experience in maintaining and manipulating data sets, such as within databases or spreadsheets
- Understanding of systems engineering as applied within the Federal government Capability Life Cycle
- Awareness of enterprise architectures (e.g. DoDAF/AUSDAF) as referenced by projects within the Capability Life Cycle
About the Company:
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Chins on 02 6243 6409 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.