Are you a Senior Defence Systems Engineer looking to manage a complex multifaceted engineering project? Or are you looking to take that next step in your engineering career?
Finite currently has an opportunity for a highly skilled Systems Engineer to join a leading Defence organisation's, Sydney based engineering team. This role will allow the successful candidate to showcase their engineering expertise and display direct influence on engineering and project outcomes.
This role will see you lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers; as you further enhance the development of engineering design solutions. A key part of this role will be to develop, guide and mentor engineers; whilst ensuring the continued success of one of Australia's most critical military assets.
Roles & Responsibilities
In this role you will be responsible for the conduct of Engineering and Planning Activities including but not limited to the following:
- Develop, manage and provide guidance of technical assurance of engineering activities, performed by the contractor and inline with Commonwealth policies and procedures
- Further enhance the development of design solutions, the scope of works, risk assessments and requirements analysis; whilst leading a multidisciplinary team
- Develop requirements for Defence Material Seaworthiness Systems, within your direct engineering delegation
- Produce high level inspection routines and perform independent verification and validation
- Plan and conduct work requiring judgement and independent evaluation, selection and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria
- Undertake defect, engineering and technical investigations, to produce comprehensive reports and assessments
Qualifications & Experience
- Recognised Engineering Degree - Naval Architect/Mechanical or Marine or Electrical Engineer
- Meet the requirements for demonstrate the ability to work towards Chartered Engineering status
- Display demonstrated experience of at least 8 years in a Senior Engineering role
- Demonstrated experience working in a Defence or CASG project environment
- Hold a current Baseline or NV1 security clearance
Please submit your cv and covering letter in WORD FORMAT.
Who are Finite
Finite is an Australian owned, award winning independent Defence and Government technology recruitment company. We currently supply to many of the country's largest prime contractors, SMEs, PSPs, State and Federal Government organisations.