Simulation Database Engineer
|Job Title:||Simulation Database Engineer|
|Location:||Newcastle, New South Wales|
|Contact Name:||Adrian Broadhead|
|Job Published:||April 12, 2022 14:25|
Finite are working with their partners to assist Defence and Industry in delivering some the most advanced, critical, complex and strategic acquisition and sustainment programs in our nation's history. As a result of continued success and trust. Our client who is an international engineering technology provider is seeking a Simulation Database Engineer to join their highly skills engineering team and simulation solutions to one of the world's most advanced fighter jet simulation programs.
In this role you will design, develop and integrate a range of multispectral simulations within our client's databases for Full Mission Simulators (FMS). The key function within the team will be the use of software-based modelling tool-kits to build and modify gaming areas, moving models, environmental characteristics and visual effects based on evolving training operational requirements.
Your Role Responsibilities
- Work with customer training authorities to collect multi-spectral
- database (MSDB) requirements
- Source, analyse and process Geographic Information System (GIS) data
- Source, analyse and process digital terrain data
- Source, analyse and process (rectify, colour balance and clean) high resolution satellite imagery
- Source / create, edit and classify textures for use in 2D and 3D models
- Create and modify 3-dimensional moving models that represent friendly, adversary and neutral vehicles including aircraft, ships, tanks, cars, trains, and other entities
- Create both the visual and sensor representations of air, ground and sea based threats
- Interface models with software products that control the model behaviour interactions with fighter jet platforms
- Develop integration and test plans in collaboration with other support system teams
- Work with contractor and customer subject matter experts to test and validate databases in both development and operational environments
- Integrate and test databases into the FMS.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications relating to Software / Systems Engineering or related field
- Graphical, imagery and texture editing
- Creating and editing 3D models
- Simulation or gaming development
- Ability to interpret and edit various scripting languages e.g. Python, XML, AML
- Windows / MS-DOS utilising command-line tasks and scripting.
- A minimum Australian Government security clearance level of NV1
- Previous experience within the Defence Industry.
- Experience with one or more of the following (or similar): Adobe Photoshop, Presagis Creator, 3DS Max, Blender, ArcGIS, Global Mapper.
- Understanding of US International Trafficking in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Australian export/import rules.
Due to the nature of the program. Candidates must be able to access ITAR/US Export Technology Control. Candidates can not hold ties to, or be a dual citizen of prescribed/prohibited Tier 1 or 2 nations.
Please submit your CV in WORD FORMAT.
Who are we
Finite is an Australian owned, award winning independent Defence and Government technology recruitment company. We currently supply to many of the country's largest prime contractors, SMEs, PSPs, State and Federal Government organisations.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's