The role of Digital Solution Architect is to design and facilitate the delivery of architectural solutions to deliver new and enhanced business capabilities. Solution design is carried out in consultation with Solutions Architects, Product Owners, Business Analysts and Lead Developers. Delivery is facilitated through close collaboration with Scrum Masters, Lead Developers and Testers.
Solution Design Responsibilities
Working independently (within broad guidelines) to design architectural solutions to deliver business requirements and aligned to architectural and IT roadmaps through the following activities:
- Collaborating with the business stakeholders to refine and understand the business requirements while considering existing system capabilities.
- Working with Solution Architects, Lead Developers to agree upon architectural solutions
- Documentation and presentation of solutions in sufficient detail to allow an estimation of the effort required for delivery
- Documentation and presentation of high level solution for socialisation with business stakeholders and senior management
- Presenting the solution for review process including security architecture for their approval
Solution Delivery Responsibilities
Working with the project team consisting of Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, Developers and Testers to facilitate the delivery of solutions through the following activities:
- Assisting the Scrum Masters in understanding the dependencies between systems impacted by the solution to allow for effective project planning
- Assisting the Scrum Masters in identifying risks and issues relating to the solution and any dependencies on other initiatives.
- Ensuring that the developers and testers fully understand the solution and elaborating on the solution design where required to achieve this goal.
- Supporting the development and test teams in diagnosing and resolving architectural and technical issues in a consultative capacity throughout the project
Solution Architecture Experience
Demonstrable expert experience (>2 years) in
- Analysing, specifying and documenting architectural solutions to satisfy complex business requirements involving large numbers of systems.
- Negotiating solutions with disparate stakeholders often with conflicting goals or agendas.
- Debating solution options within a wider architectural community to achieve a consensus on key architectural decisions.
- Collaborating with project teams consisting of Scrum Masters, business analysts, developers and testers to ensure that specified solutions are understood and to facilitate delivery.
- Contributing to architectural and IT roadmaps.
- Architecting solutions for cloud platforms - particularly AWS.
Software Development Experience
Demonstrable expert experience (>10 years) covering at least 50% of
- Online application development principles and patterns
- Integration principles and patterns
- Integration technologies: JEE, SOAP, RMI, REST, JMS, JPA, ESBs, XML/XSLT, Rabbit MQ, NodeJS,
- Data modelling and relational and NoSQL database design
- Native mobile application development experience (for iOS or Android) is an advantage
- ReST API design and security (mandatory)
- Microservices architectures (mandatory)
- Use of cloud and SaaS based products and capabilities.
- Continuous integration and delivery processes and tooling.