|Job Title:||Solution Architect|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Chins Christopher|
|Job Published:||December 22, 2021 09:54|
ASAP Start | Canberra Location
Initial contract for 6 months with 24 months extension
NV1 clearance with ability to upgrade to NV2
A federal government client is seeking a solution architect to develop and deploy a fit for purpose Disaster Recover (DR) capability to support their Unified Gateway, that enables secure reliable information exchanges between the secret environments and external networks.
The required personnel should have the right expertise and experience, to
- design, test and implement a fit for purpose Software Defined Gateway as a Proof of Concept (PoC) for DR Capability;
- deploy the PoC,, as high availability, auto fail-over system, with all necessary interfaces, development, test, pre-production & production environments, with the required controls (security, monitoring, logging) and back-up requirements; and
- augment the existing Gateway Sustainment team to manage ongoing business as usual engineering & ICT support (obsolescence management, change and configuration management).
The key responsibilities include:
- Validate initial high level concept for a fully featured DR Capability, including physical connections and interfacing systems requirements;
- Review and advise on client identified location(s) and architecture for the future DR Capability;
- Review, advise and document the impact of the DR Capability on any existing services and infrastructure, including backup, archiving and management environments;
- Produce technical documentation to support the PoC exercise, including but not limited to System Architecture Description, High Level Design, Detailed Design, Build Instructions, As built as Configured, Support Documentation and other technical documents required for Commonwealth approvals;
The successful applicant would be required to have:
- 5+ years' experience as a Solution Architect/Consultant;
- 10+ years as a technical consultant/engineer including solid architectural and design experience;
- Proven experience as a solution architect with demonstrated experience producing solution designs;
- Experience working on large, complex ICT projects and/or in Defence ICT;
- Experience in leading the development of architectures for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external, and internal stakeholders; and;
- Ability to take full responsibility for the balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements within a significant area of the organisation.
- Tertiary ICT qualifications or equivalent is highly regarded;
- An in-depth understanding of either network or security solutions;
- Demonstrated specialised knowledge and experience across multiple technology disciplines including infrastructure, application development, security, databases and commercial-off-the-shelf products;
- Proven ability to lead the technical integration of proposed solutions, while ensuring alignment with architectural direction, strategies, standards, principles and patterns that do not incur technical debt for the organisation;
- Proven ability to establish policy and strategy for the selection of systems architecture components, and coordinates design activities, promoting the discipline to ensure consistency;
- Ability to ensure that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, national and international) are adhered to. Within a business change programme, manages the target design, policies and standards, working proactively to maintain a stable solution; and
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly communicate and influence technical and non-technical stakeholders both orally and in writing.
About the Company:
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Chins on 02 6243 6409 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's