Solution Design Manager
|Job Title:||Solution Design Manager|
|Location:||Canberra, Australian Capital Territory|
|Contact Name:||Sinthu Thomas|
|Job Published:||December 02, 2021 12:55|
- Jan 2022 start | Multiple Locations
- Initials contract for 12 months with another 12 months extensions
- Australian Citizenship - Ability to obtain Baseline clearance
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 850 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
FinXL are looking to engage multiple Solution Design Managers to lead and support including monitoring business performance, setting priorities and managing resources and workflow.
The key responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage staff, including overseeing the management of performance, attendance and health and wellbeing
- Develop staff capability through coaching, mentoring and succession planning to increase performance, engagement and retention
- Oversee the development and implementation of the ICT solution
- Highlight and identify gaps in existing functionality
- Highlight and identify functional interdependencies
- Undertake and contribute to business management, strategic planning and workforce planning
- Assist with the management of finances, contracts, procurement, resources and expenditure within area of responsibility
- Ensure project deliverables and milestones are met on time and within budget
- Manage team contribution to costing process
- Report on the achievement of business outcomes, key performance indicators and quality assurance to manage overall performance
- Monitor and manage work output and quality against established performance standards through interpretation of quality analysis and reporting
- Encourage innovation, continuous improvement and manage and support change
- Contribute to and influence ICT strategy resolving conflicts as needed
- Build action plans and make operational decisions on policies, tactics and resources critical to the business
- Prepare and review a range of written material including technical and corporate documentation
- Collaborate with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to achieve project outcomes
- Engage and partner with other agencies and service providers to build service delivery capability
- Attend interagency meetings and forums to influence business outcomes and share information
- Exercise delegation in accordance with legislation and guidelines
The role requires you to have:
- Minimum 2 years Systems Analyst experience working on large environments in an IT application development area
- Proven experience undertaking Systems Analyst duties
- Identify and convey (orally and in writing) the object of a business need to the appropriate stakeholder level - enterprise, program, operational and/or project levels
- Elicit, structure and prioritise business requirements; and express these requirements to stakeholders for acceptance/approval
- Facilitate review sessions, and workshops (including Joint Analysis and Design (JAD) sessions) with both Business areas and ICT stakeholders. This is to ensure business requirements are prioritised and returned in an appropriate format to ICT areas for development
- Determine the current business process and articulate any desired business process change. These using consistent textual descriptions, and diagrams/graphical displays for the Business area and Test Analyst usage, confirmation and review.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities.
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
To be considered please send applications or contact Sinthu on 02 6243 6415 to discuss further.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Western Sydney, New South Wales
Daily rate: $1000-$1100 inc
Auckland, New Zealand
Senior Project Controls Manager
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
$950-$1045 day rate
Service Delivery Manager
Project Interface Manager
Sydney CBD, New South Wales
$900-1080inc super per day