- 12 month contract with extension option
- Brisbane or Canberra location
- Minimum NV2 clearance or willing to upgrade
Finite is an Australian owned award-winning independent ICT recruitment company that currently supplies to many of the country's largest banks, telecommunications, commercial and State and Federal Government organisations. Finite has offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth, Auckland and Wellington.
Seeking a Solution Lead to provide technical strategic direction for the integration into the Australian Defence network and information environment.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Overseeing a team of technical resources in the fields of architecture, systems engineering, solution design, security, test and evaluation and Integrated Logistics Support (ILS).
- Plan and manage a suite of deliverables ensuring technical documents and design deliverables as well as associated gate reviews and design approvals are completed according to the project schedule.
- Ensure traceability of systems specifications to requirements.
- Ensure technical solution, test, support, and certification plans all meet business and operational requirements and objectives.
- Design appropriate modelling techniques following agreed architectures, design standards, patterns and methodology.
- Oversee the development of High-Level Designs and Detailed Designs.
- Identify and evaluate alternative design options and trade-offs.
- Review design views to address the concerns of the different stakeholders of the architecture and ensure the solution is aligned with both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Review, verify and improve designs against specifications.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Ongoing progress reporting of task and deliverables to the Project Manager (PM).
- Collaborating with the PM as part of ongoing project planning, troubleshooting, and risks and issues management.
- AGSVA Clearance NV2 or willing to upgrade
- Demonstrable experience in designing and documenting software interfaces and interoperability between IT systems.
- Experience with various architecture styles and able to tailor architectures to specific needs of the project.
- Previous experience in the management, integration, operation or maintenance of military/strategic.
- Excellent understanding of Defence projects and the Systems Engineering Life Cycle.
- Skilled and effective communicator, both spoken and written.
- Ability to work in a team environment, lead meetings and engage with both business and technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a high tempo environment that can be uncertain and ambiguous at times.
- Effective planner with efficient time management skills.
To be considered please send in your application to Simmi and you can call on 02 6243 6460 to discuss further.
Finite actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people