Splunk Engineer - M24
|Job Title:||Splunk Engineer - M24|
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Contact Name:||Erika Ventura|
|Job Published:||December 14, 2021 14:52|
FinXL I.T Professional Services is an innovative Australian owned company providing our clients with technology enabled business solutions and consulting services.
As the 'go-to' mid-tier Service Provider for many Australian and International clients, FinXL enjoys a diverse client portfolio, boasting some of the industry's leading: Telecommunication, Banking and Finance and Commercial Corporations, along with many State and Federal Government Departments.
As a Splunk Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, configuring, deploying, and supporting a Monitoring Platform (Splunk) for the broader organisation.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Support NMP Splunk platform operations including ITSI, Search Heads Indexer and Heavy Forwarder clusters
- Provide level 2 technical support. Assist with level 3 incident and problem investigations, service risks and issues for Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Enterprise Security and Splunk ITSI.
- Performance optimisation - Optimise existing and new search queries and dashboards to improve performance.
- Design and implement monitoring solutions for new and existing systems, utilising Splunk patterns. Also, contribute to the creation of new monitoring patterns where required.
- Data onboarding: Requirements gathering, design, implementation, and testing, to onboard new data sources to Splunk - via Universal Forwarders, HTTP Event Collector, APIs, syslog etc.
- Map data to Splunk CIM, to meet stakeholder and data governance requirements.
- Deploy and configure Splunk premium add-ons (Enterprise Security and ITSI).
Skills and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Splunk architecture, administration, and custom development (Splunk certified admin / architect / developer or equivalent experience) across Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Enterprise Security and Splunk ITSI.
- Experience administering and/or developing for an enterprise level implementation of Splunk (clustered architecture).
- Proficient in Splunk query language (SPL) and experienced in developing and supporting custom Splunk search head applications for specific use cases.
- Strong technical knowledge of Red hat Linux, Firewalls and Load Balancing principles
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Agile and DevOps.
- AWS - architect and sysops certified or equivalent. Azure and/or GCP experience is also preferred.
- Ansible, CD tools, particularly Jenkins.
- Scripting - Linux Shell & Python.
- Linux OS (preferable Red hat proficiency).
- Experienced user of Git / GitHub, Splunk Phantom, Syslog-ng and/or syslogs and Confluence.
- Roll your mouse over to that Apply Now button if you think your skills and experience fit the bill for this role. Submitted CVs must be in Word.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's