SQL Database Administrator
|Job Title:||SQL Database Administrator|
|Job Published:||January 22, 2020 17:03|
FinXL IT Professional Services is an established innovative Australian company providing technology enabled business solutions and consulting services across a number of industries including Government, Telecommunications, Commercial and Finance. We currently have more than 850 consultants assisting our clients across Australia and are continuing to grow at a rapid pace. Through the delivery of services and implementation of new systems, processes and technology, we assist our clients to gain competitive advantage and reach new heights.
FinXL is looking to engage an SQL Database Administrator in Canberra.
To be successful for this role candidate must had experience in:
· Proven experience in Database Administration of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 onwards including SQL2016
· Demonstrated expertise in Database Administration, Performance Tuning and Troubleshooting
· Strong experience installing and configuring SQL Servers
· Experience in Microsoft SQL Replication and Microsoft Clustering
· Exposure to Migrations and Upgrades
· Provide support for MS SQL databases including installation/creation, backup/recovery, problem solving and maintenance for Production environments
· Install/Patch MS SQL Server Software
· Define Technical Solutions for MS SQL Server Database Installations/Upgrades
Other experience that would be desirable also include:
· Experience in performing Backup & Recovery Tasks
· Experience in High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) Technologies
· Experience in defining Database Server Security, User Creation, Roles and Permission
· Exposure on SQL Database Design and Development
· Provide expert advice to Customers and Developers on MS SQL Server
· University or other relevant qualifications
· Understanding of ITIL framework
· Experience in database maintenance activities to ensure databases satisfy 24x7 requirements
· Knowledge of hardware platform and operating system issues
FinXL fosters a high-performing, inclusive workplace built on a foundation of excellence, respect and dignity. We take corporate social responsibility seriously through our ongoing activities with communities and staff involvement in these efforts. We are committed to environmentally friendly practices in both our own operations and our work with clients.
FinXL does not accept unsolicited resumes or appreciate unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
FinXL encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's