Sr. Business Analyst
|Job Title:||Sr. Business Analyst|
|Location:||Melbourne CBD, Victoria|
|Contact Name:||Erika Ventura|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2022 12:36|
FinXL I.T Professional Services is an innovative Australian owned company providing our clients with technology enabled business solutions and consulting services.
As the 'go-to' mid-tier Service Provider for many Australian and International clients, FinXL enjoys a diverse client portfolio, boasting some of the industry's leading: Telecommunication, Banking and Finance and Commercial Corporations, along with many State and Federal Government Departments.
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our team. The Sr. BA is responsible for eliciting the actual needs of stakeholders in order to determine underlying issues and causes. They take these needs to design quality solutions that are aligned with our strategy and support the delivery of these solutions through the development, testing and business roll-out phases. Sr. BAs leverage strong communication/stakeholder management skills and understand both business and technology concepts, to work with stakeholders from all levels and parts of the organisation as part of a cross-functional team.
Sr. BAs also contribute to the mentoring of less experienced BAs and assist in defining and continuously improving our internal program delivery ways of working.
As a Senior Business Analyst you will be:
- Acting as an internal consultant with business stakeholders across the organisation to discover requirements and produce designs that realise strategic and project objectives.
- Understanding the business context including the strategy, key systems/process, and important issues/constraints.
- Solving business problems in an innovative and methodological way.
- Collaborating with and influencing technology and other teams to deliver faithfully on solution designs.
- Supporting testing, change management, training and business roll-out of solutions.
- Documenting "as is" and "to be" processes
- Managing risks, issues and change requests
- Contributing to the Business Analysis Practice to continually improve our ways of working and support the development of other analysts, through mentoring and coaching
- 5+ years working as a BA on complex projects; not BI/back-end systems, nor infrastructure, nor technical BA (essential)
- 3+ years working in financial services, especially insurance (essential)
- Building successful business relationships and influencing at all levels (essential)
- Agile, lean and waterfall methodology experience (strongly desired)
- Background working on client-sites in professional services or consulting (desired)
- IIBA certification (beneficial) and/or agile certification e.g. SAFe Agile Practitioner (beneficial)
- Requirements Elicitation - Facilitating workshops, conducting interviews/observations and synthesising the outputs in a systematic way. Acting as an internal consultant to guide stakeholders to the best solution to realise our strategic goals and desired benefits.
- Requirements Definition - Writing acceptance criteria, business rules, user stories and other methods of recording business and (non-)functional requirements, in a way that fully and accurately represents the scope and aligns with the strategy.
- Traceability & Tracking - Ensuring requirements traceability and scope/change control, tracking decisions, and participating in risk & issue management.
- Interaction & Communication - Communicating effectively and professionally orally and in writing. Listening, facilitating, training, negotiating and leading/influencing in a cross-functional team.
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Solving - Processing large amounts of information effectively, thinking creatively/divergently, making-decisions, learning quickly.
- Design - Specifying the way a system should behave and appear (UX), including prototyping (often in conjunction with a specialist UX-designer).
- Process Management - Modelling, analysing & improving processes, decisions, and root causes
- Source Analysis - Analysing existing systems and documents to obtain required information.
- Planning & Project Support - Estimating analysis tasks, choosing the correct analysis approach, facilitating prioritisation & backlog management, and functionally decomposing complex items into manageable components. Supporting the other stages of SDLC e.g. QA, UAT, deployment, post-deployment support, etc.
- Project Methodology - Being able to carry out the BA role in (hybrid/scaled) agile/waterfall methodologies. Familiar with BA ways of working and able to continuously improve on these
- Organisation Navigation - Understanding stakeholders, roles & responsibilities and how the organisation is structured, including how to leverage the organisation's informal ways of working
- Standard BA Technology - Being competent in common BA, project and office tools, such as Aris, Visio, Jira, Confluence, Excel, etc.
- Behavioural Characteristics - Behaving ethically. Being accountable, trustworthy and adaptable. Managing time and tasks effectively
- Roll your mouse over to that Apply Now button if you think your skills and experience fit the bill for this role. Submitted CVs must be in Word.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's