12 month contract
Who is Finite?
The Finite Group is a multi-award-winning consultancy recognised across Australia and New Zealand for excellence in recruitment for the technology consultancy space. We have 20 years of year on year success. Our teams specialise in the following areas of technology recruitment (contract and permanent): DevOps, Business Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Infrastructure, Engineering, Digital, iOS Android, Front End Development, Back End Development, UX, UI, Research, Project Management, Change Management and Service Delivery.
Finite is currently looking for an experienced System Administrator for an initial 12-month contract with the possibility of extension. The successful candidate will have experience providing facilities management services for large corporate systems. Also, should be a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and results-oriented person with good interpersonal skills.
- Administration of Solaris and RedHat Linux systems
- Monitoring of servers and services for proactive support
- Administration of Oracle and Ingres Database platforms
- Administration of Middleware and Web Server environments
- Maintain currency in server infrastructure, operating systems and relevant supported software
- Hardware upgrades on server infrastructure
- Producing and maintaining quality systems documentation
- Communicate with clients giving advice on hosting solutions offered by Application Hosting
- Provide timely and detailed oral/written advice as required on software, hardware and security matters
Tools to succeed:
- Experience with Solaris and RedHat Linux environments
- Technical administration of Oracle, Ingres database platforms
- Shell, PERL and other relevant scripting languages
- Demonstrated experience providing advice for supported clients
- Regular reporting for software currency and availability information
- Perform actions as part of the rotating weekly duty roster, including being part of either morning duty or afternoon duty
- Ensure that deliverables are prioritised and completed within the specified timeframes
- Compliance to ITP change, configuration, incident and problem management methodologies and systems.
How to apply
If you have the required skills then apply now. As this an immediate requirement, urgency is key. For a confidential discussion please contact Nick on 07 3232 2310.