Finite are working with their partners to assist Defence and Industry in delivering some the most critical, complex and strategic acquisition and upgrade programs to date. As a result of continued success and trust we are now seeking senior systems engineers for a permanent opportunity to with a large Defence technology organisation.
In the role of Combat Systems Engineering Manager you will be entrusted to lead, manage and mentor a team of systems engineers to deliver systems and sub-systems in the maritime domain.
You will hold the relevant authority to manage the systems engineering activities relating combat systems architecture, design upgrades, change proposals and outputs throughout the engineering lifecycle.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Systems Engineering activities supporting requirements analysis, architecture definition, design of subsystems and development of lower level configuration for integration, test and trials/evaluation
- Provide technical leadership in requirements management, V&V composition for testing engineering risks, processes and tasks relating to the project schedule.
- Provide engineering assessments relating to vendor solutions, specifications and design data for multiple subsystems
- Contribute to the planning and execution of installation activities
- Engage with and manage speciality engineering disciplines to achieve design assurance and system compliance
- Prepare and manage mandated system reviews (MSRs) including: System Requirements Review; System Definition Review; Preliminary & Critical Design Reviews; and steer the engineering effort to ensure all entry criteria are satisfied at each Test Readiness Review gate.
Your Skills & Experience
- Tertiary engineering qualifications (Electronics/Electrical, Mechatronics or relevant field.
- Extensive experience the Defence maritime domain, coupled with demonstrated Combat Systems experience. This will need highly acute understanding of combat systems technologies and engineering practices (e.g. Model Based Systems Engineering, Agile)
- Highly demonstrated systems engineering experience, particularly in relating to requirements analysis, functional and physical requirements, architecture development within DOORS
- Demonstrated V&V experience, particularly designing requirements for integration and test. As well as selling requirements and test methods.
- Experience in integration and test and evaluation of Combat Systems products
- Minimum 8 years' experience in leading engineering teams and projects
- Highly developed communication skills, including technical writing and the ability to develop engineering plans, processes & procedures
- Must hold an active Defence security clearance of NV1 or higher
If you feel this is the opportunity for you, please submit your cv and covering letter in WORD FORMAT.
Who are Finite
Finite is an Australian owned, award winning independent Defence and Government technology recruitment company. We currently supply to many of the country's largest prime contractors, SMEs, PSPs, State and Federal Government organisation