A State Government department was looking to achieve a coordinated approach to its data and information requirements. At project commencement, there were over twenty fragmented, unsupported systems operating across the department that:
- significantly limited their capacity to provide meaningful data or performance analysis
- compromised the effective use of Government ICT expenditure
- reduced the ability to collaborate
- lead to duplication of effort and created information silos.
Our solution was to provide our Customer with the following:
- gap analysis to clarify Business Information requirements
- provide a Roadmap to implement short and long-term objectives (3 years)
- provide schedule, budget, governance structure for implementing proposed initiatives
- implement Roadmap as defined and as per agreed schedule, budget and scope.
Our Customer benefited through the implementation of a structured approach to information management. This resulted in:
- a vast improvement on the department's ability to use data and carry out performance analysis to provide business insight
- a more effective and efficient method for showing use of spend
- collaboration functionality through the provision of data/information that could be compiled in a meaningful way to provide business value
- integrated data processes across the whole of the department.